19 Mar ZOATS, a recipe for all things good…
Living Wright is more than just an adventure.
It’s a sense of a full life
of all things good.
With that comes focusing on good relationships;
And with food.
I wouldn’t say I ever had a bad relationship with food.
I loved it,
And it sure loved me back.
Let’s just say I never grew up hungry.
*flashback to highschool
I do have to account for some of that weight being put on by the consumption of alcohol.
But regardless, I was not in any sort of mindset that food was fuel.
Not until recently-
When I started to realize that my relationship with food was one I needed to work on.
With this came a lot of trial and error.
I’m a fan of all food.
And breakfast is by far my favorite part of the day.
I go to sleep at night dreaming of what I get to eat in the morning.
I mean 8+ hours without food is pretty long….
I know you can relate.
One of my favorite things is carbs.
And let me state that carbs don’t make you fat,
A mass amount of cupcakes, donuts and other carbs make you fat.
I should also admit that I am NOT a licensed dietician,
This is strictly based on things I believe and have done research on.
Okay on to the point.
I wanted to share my go to breakfast.
Filled with so much yums its unbelievable.
Morning ZOATS is where its at guys.
Haha I know what you’re thinking
It might sound weird and really gross,
But please give it a try and then you can judge me and my tastebuds.
AND when you end up loving it then you either have to buy me a new pair of shoes
Or just post a picture to social media to let everyone else know about this magical bowl of goodness.
What you’ll need:
- Better Oats 100 calorie Maple & Brown Sugar- (the only place i have found this is at Target)
- Smuckers Natural Chunky Peanut Butter –
- Ground Cinnamon
- All Whites 100% liquid egg whites
6 tbls (2 eggs)
Shredded 1 cup
- Raspberries (or any toppings you want)
How to make the magic:
- Shred zucchini up and place it in bowl with enough water for it to be fully soaked.
- Microwave for about a minute (depending on watts)
- Add one package of Better Oats into bowl and microwave again for another minute.
- Measure Egg Whites and add to bowl. Microwave for another minute, checking and stirring to make sure it doesn’t overflow, because it will.
- When egg whites look like egg whites in your oats (might not look the most appetizing) that’s when you know they are done! Yum
- Top with a dash of ground cinnamon- or a few
- Add your chunky peanut butter- must be chunky or we cant be friends
- Throw on your toppings, my favorites are raspberries, blueberries, or strawberries.
Other additions could be almond milk, protein powder, nuts, honey, bananas.
This bowl of yum not only tastes great,
but it is a fantastic alternative to tradition oatmeal.
28g of carbs
10g of Fat
19g of Protein
That is basically abs in a bowl.
The zucchini is just an addition, it basically adds volume to your oatmeal- with little calories, while adding a serving of vegetables into your diet without you even tasting it.
Pairing this breakfast with coffee in bed is recommended on Sunday mornings.
Trust me- I have tested it and I approve.
You deserve to feel good.
You deserve to fuel your body with good foods.
Start by making simple changes daily.
And be the person you are destined to be.
Living Wright never felt so good.
“Design a life that you love.”